Savusavu Community Foundation has provided a long list of repairs and improvements to Savusavu Hospital, including, but not limited to:
- Repaired the operating theater, installing new floors, windows and screens, air condition system, lighting
- Replaced three bathrooms, including fixtures, flooring
- Replaced all screens, including at the hospital and at the nurses housing
- Provided replacement seating for all nursing stations
- Provided and installed new pharmacy shelving
- Replaced 100% of the windows, screening and shutters for the entire hospital
- Built a new pharmacy bulk storage room and a children’s illness management facility.
Nabouwalu Hospital Improvements
In 2011, SCF painted murals on the walls of the Pediatric ward at Nabouwalu Hospital to make it a much more cheery place for children to visit
SCF began in 2003 by helping provide pharmaceuticals, medical equipment and supplies to Savusavu Hospital. As their Sub-division medical officers have been transferred to other areas, the transferees have often asked if we could help their new hospitals as well. So we now assist Savusavu, Labasa, Nabouwalu and Ba hospitals. And often we obtain pharmaceutical donations far larger than these hospitals could possibly utilize, so five years ago we began large shipments of essential medicines to Fiji Pharmaceuticals & Biomedical Services, and have been told that SCF is their largest donor.
How Can You Help?
If you have expertise in constructions and are travelling to Fiji and would like to help, please contact us as there are always construction projects that can be planned for the new hospitals. As well if you have medical equipment or large-scale pharmaceutical donations please contact us. Please contact us for more information.Contact Us